The Open Door Web Site
Work in the Laboratory Index
How to work in a Science Laboratory: Laboratory Rules
WORK IN THE LABORATORY
Laboratory Rules Quiz
1. Do not enter a laboratory until asked by a teacher.
2. Put all coats in a clean, out of the way area.
3. Your bags should be put under the bench
4. Never run or shout in a laboratory.
5. Do not use the services (gas, water or electricity) unless you are told to.
6. Never eat or drink in a laboratory.
7. Wear a science overall when using chemicals.
8. Tie back long hair during practical work.
9. Protect your eyes with safety spectacles when you boil liquids.
10. Put all solid waste in the plastic waste bin not in the sink.
11. Put broken glass in the metal waste bin.
12. Report all accidents immediately to your teacher.
13. Wash your hands after handling chemicals.
14. Stop work immediately if you hear the fire alarm.
The Open Door Web Site is non-profit making. Your donations help towards the cost of maintaining this free service on-line.
Donate to the Open Door Web Site using PayPal