The Open Door Web Site
Observing in Biology Index
WORKING IN THE LABORATORY
Questions on the use of the Microscope
1. How do you put the coverslip on a slide without getting bubbles trapped under it?
2. Why do we put the slide under the spring clips on the stage of the microscope?
3. How do you adjust the amount of light coming into the microscope?
4. Using high power, would you need more or less light than when you use low power?
5. What is the difference between illumination by reflected light and by transmitted light?
6. How would you use a mirror instead of a lamp under the microscope?
7. When you are focusing on an object in which order should the three objective lenses be used?
8. When focusing on an object, why do we always start with the objective lens near the specimen?
9. How should you clean a microscope lens?
10. Calculate the total magnification of the following lenses
11. How should a microscope be put away?
The Open Door Web Site is non-profit making. Your donations help towards the cost of maintaining this free service on-line.
Donate to the Open Door Web Site using PayPal