1. Vertebrate (has a backbone)
*GO TO 2*
Invertebrate (does not have a backbone)
*GO TO 7*
2. Body covered with hair or fur
Body not covered with hair or fur
*GO TO 3*
3. Body covered with feathers
Body not covered with feathers
*GO TO 4*
4. Body covered with leathery, hairless skin
Body not covered with leathery, hairless skin
*GO TO 5*
5. Has gills
Does not have gills
*GO TO 6*
6. Naked, wet body and webbed feet.
7. Has an exoskeleton - arthropod
*GO TO 8*
Does not have an exoskeleton
*GO TO 12*
8. Has six legs and three parts to the body
Does not have six legs
*GO TO 9*
9. Has eight legs and two parts to the body
Does not have eight legs
*GO TO 10*
10. Many pairs of legs, some 'feathery' and used as gills
Many pairs of legs. No gills. Long, segmented body
*GO TO 11*
11. One pair of legs on each segment.
Two pairs of legs on each segment
12. Star-shaped with five 'arms'
Does not have five 'arms'
*GO TO 13*
13. Long, soft body; sometimes segmented; no legs or antennae
Soft body, sometimes protected by a shell.
May have eight 'arms'; may have antennae
GROUPS OF ANIMALS QUIZ
Use the key to
decide on the phylum and then choose your answer from one of
the options below.
If you use the
Search box (above) it will take you to another page. You can return to
this page by using the back button (top left in your browser).
The Open Door Web Site is non-profit making. Your donations help towards the cost of maintaining this free service on-line.
Donate to the Open Door Web Site using PayPal
© The Open Door Team 2018
Any questions or problems regarding this site should be addressed to the webmaster
© Paul Billiet, Shirley Burchill, Alan Damon and Deborah